AREA HIRE OPTIONS
It takes minutes to learn, but years to master. While it’s undoubtedly a game of skill and tactics, lawn bowls as a sport is refreshingly simple. This makes it an ideal activity for work celebrations, socialising, team building exercises, family occasions or simply spending an enjoyable time with friends.
The cost to hire a rink (lane) is $200 per session. The cost is $20 per person for groups with less than 10 people attending. These costs include bowls, mat and jack.
The Club provides a bowling instructor upon your arrival for each group. The instructor provides guidance on how to play lawn bowls, the rules and regulations involved.
We normally suggest up to 20 people per rink. If you exceed these numbers, you simply hire an additional rink or more.
The bowling session duration is two hours. The bowling session times are typically 12pm-2pm, 2pm-4pm, 4pm-6pm, 6pm-8pm. You cannot adjust the session times unfortunately.
No shoes are to be worn on the green at all times and please dress in accordance with the weather conditions for the day. We provide sunscreen on the premises if the weather permits.
We are a fully licensed venue so do not permit BYO alcohol or soft drinks. You can purchase drinks individually over the bar or set up a bar tab on arrival.
Function room space
Whatever the occasion maybe our function room is well equipped to cater for all of your requirements. Member and non member functions may be held at the Club. (Include recent photo of function room booking)
- The cost to hire the function room is $500. The function room is available to hire from 12pm-5pm or 6pm-12am. Please consider set up and pack down time also.
- The capacity of the function room is 200 people (cocktail style/standing function) and 100 people (seated function).
- The function room is equipped with a recently renovated bar and kitchen that comprises an oven, fridge, freezer and microwave.
- Access to PA system, T.V.’S, microphones, speakers and projector.
- Access to tables and chairs
- Complimentary Wifi available to all guests
- Ipod Connectivity – Play your own music through a device or through Spotify provided at the Club
- Fully staffed exclusive bar
- Stage area with spacious dancefloor
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Climate Controlled
BBQ/Beer garden area
The St Kilda Sports Club offers BBQ facilities. This is a popular option to book in conjunction with lawn bowls. Simply bring your own meat, salads, cutlery and condiments and come and share a meal outdoors and enjoy a social gathering, alfresco/picnic style and enjoy the scenic surroundings whilst cooking a BBQ and playing lawn bowls.
- The cost to hire a BBQ is $30. The BBQ session duration is two hours.
- You can simply bring your own snacks, salads, condiments, plates, napkins, and food to cook and we provide the BBQ utensils (tongs, knife, spatula, BBQ flipper, BBQ cloth and cooking oil). There is a Woolworths supermarket conveniently located right next door if required.
- You are allocated a table in front of your bowling rink or next to your BBQ on arrival.
Petanque area (Piste)
This spacious outdoors area is equipped with a BBQ, tables and chairs, and is an ideal location for a social gathering of up to 50 people. Marquees can be erected at your request for a special occasion. The Petanque area has umbrellas for your protection in summer whilst enjoying your BBQ. This outdoor area can easily be transformed into a private oasis for any special event.
- The cost to hire the Penatque/Piste area is $250.